The world of bartending is never the same after G’Vine’s amazing bartender contests…
This comes to us from our pals at Euro-Winegate and G’Vine gin. Bartenders, read on, because you’re definitely NOT going to want to miss out on this one:
The G’ Vine Gin Connoisseur 2012
The Search for the World’s Best Gin Bartender Begins
For more details, visit www.legcp.fr
Continuous updates and information can be found on the GCP Facebook page, or follow the action on Twitter:
EWG Spirits & Wine, parent company of the unique G’Vine Gin, is proud to announce the official launch of the G’Vine Gin Connoisseur 2012 (www.legcp.fr) – the global quest for the world’s best gin bartender. This year, the theme will hark back to a golden era of cocktail making: French Classics.
· Uniquely, any bartender anywhere can enter the GCP. It doesn’t matter which gin their bar pours or even if G’Vine Gin isn’t available in their country – every gin-loving bartender who is prepared to do the work has an equal chance of making it to the World Finals in Cognac, France in June 2012.
· All entrants complete online exams on www.legcp.fr (site available in English, French and Spanish).
· Bartenders who can attend a Preliminary contest hosted in the UK, Scotland, France, Spain, Canada & the USA throughout spring can qualify for the World Finals in Cognac in June. The preliminaries will begin with a seminar exploring an avenue normally closed to bar staff: How the Gin Business Works (e.g. sales figures, calculating margins, etc.) The Challenges include creative mixology and the renowned Blind Gin Nosing & Tasting.
· Bartenders who can’t attend a Preliminary can enter as Wild Cards, completing the same online exams but making an Xtranormal cartoon video (www.xtranormal.com) using the theme ‘French Classics’.
For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u3vjjS5a-0 ?
· The 15 world finalists will be announced in May and will be flown to Cognac for a week of extraordinary challenges under the watchful eyes of Jean Sébastien Robicquet, president of EWG and creator and master distiller of G’Vine, master mixologists Philip Duff, Gary Regan, and marketing & business development director of EWG, Audrey Fort. As well as guest seminars, speed & accuracy, Distill Your Own Gin and the Gin Written Test challenges, Finals Week concludes with one last Challenge: running your own one-person bar at the G’Vine Summer Ball in Cognac, using your charm, mixology knowledge and bar decor skills to attract as many of the great & good of the Cognac drinks industry to try your cocktail!
The Additional Prizes
Will 2012 see the coveted G’Vine Gin Connoisseur trophy awarded to a bartender outside of Europe?
An intercontinental bar tour to the top annual events in the world of spirits:
o Tales of the Cocktail, New Orleans, USA: 2012 is the 10th anniversary blowout and the most renown producers, personalities, and mixologists will be there
o Bar Convent Berlin, Berlin, Germany: Globally recognized as one of the most important annual events for the bar industry, located in the beating heart of an epicenter for cutting edge bartenders
· A year’s supply of G’Vine Gin for their bar
· Platinum vine flower pin
· $3,000 and recognition as the finest gin bartender on the planet